Sunday School: Sundays at 9:15am
Sunday Worship: Sundays at 10:30am
Kaffee Klatsche Meeting: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month at 1:30pm.
Oktoberfest Comittee Meeting: 3rd Thursday of each month.
Sunday Growth Groups for Adults
1. The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism – OVERVIEW: Why does God allow suffering in the world? How could a loving God send people to Hell? Why isn’t Christianity more inclusive? How can one religion be “right” and the others “wrong”? Why have so many wars been fought in the name of God?
“These are just a few of the questions and doubts even ardent believers wrestle with today. As the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, Timothy Keller has compiled a list of the most frequently voiced “doubts” skeptics bring to his church as well as the most important reasons for faith. And in the New York Times bestselling The Reason for God, he addresses each doubt and explains each reason.
“Keller uses literature, philosophy, real-life conversations, and reasoning to explain how faith in a Christian God is a soundly
rational belief, held by thoughtful people of intellectual
integrity with a deep compassion for those who truly want to
know the truth.”
- Study-guide-based discipleship training supplemented by video, facilitated by Darrin and Cindy Renz, meets Sunday mornings at 9:15am in the Community Room.
2. Wild Goose Chase: Reclaim the Adventure of Pursuing God – OVERVIEW: “Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit – An Geadh-Glas, or ‘the Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger, an air of unpredictability surrounds Him. And while the name may sound a little sacrilegious, I cannot think of a better description of what it’s like to follow the Spirit through life. I think the Celtic Christians were on to something….
“Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the
time. And I know that is unsettling. But circumstantial
uncertainty also goes by another name: Adventure.”
– Book-based discipleship training, facilitated by Gil Emmons, Cheryl Webb, and Ellen Heck, meets Sunday mornings at 9:15am in the Fellowship Hall.
Weekday Growth Groups for Adults
1. West Hattiesburg Bible Study -- (Odd Week Thursdays) Book-of-the-Bible-based discipleship training, studying the book of Romans, facilitated by Debbie Frederick. Meets the first and third Thursdays of the month at 10am at the home of Mary Gohlke who can be contacted at 601-550-4884 or email@example.com.
2. The Avenues Bible Study — (Even Week Thursdays) Woman: The Forgotten Story – OVERVIEW: “For any woman, identity is important. The question, “Who am I?” will haunt her every decision. Along the pathway of life, many will tell her a story of who she is. She might be lucky enough to hear the pure and simple truth, but more often than not that’s not the case. Consequently, both men and women have become confused, afraid, angry, and bitter towards the story of woman in our culture because, tragically, we have forgotten the ancient story spoken by God’s Word.
“Discover again the old story of a beautiful identity, a story of love and sacrifice. Uncover this story of new hopes and
amazing dreams that are actually real. The story offers
incredible comfort, gives guidance, and teaches everyone
who listens a wisdom that saves lives. From the creative voice
of God, through the death of a Savior, to the walk of Wisdom,
hear and remember the forgotten story of woman.”
– Book-based discipleship training, facilitated by Pat Davenport and Nancy Kaul, meets every second and fourth Thursday morning at 11:30am in the Fellowship Hall.
3. Prayer Group — (Even Week Thursdays) Meets the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 10:30am in the Sanctuary.
Free Family Movie Night — Join us Sunday, April 22nd at 5pm in the Fellowship Hall to watch Marvel’s Justice League and enjoy some snacks with friends!
Town Hall Meeting — Meet with members of the city and community at 6pm Monday, April 23rd in the Fellowship Hall. We are hosting he neighborhood!
Warehouse Garage Sale benefitting Scout Troop #93 -- Saturday, April 28th at 8am at 2301 West 4th Street behind the USM softball field.
April Fellowship Potluck — Sunday, April 29th after worship.
Congratulations Graduates! We will be holding a reception for all the graduates following worship on Sunday, May 6th in the fellowship hall.
LWML — MITES will be collected Sunday, May 6th. There will also be a short business meeting May 6th after the graduation celebration.